Following its long-standing tradition, PPoPP 2017 will host a variety of high-quality workshops, allowing their participants to meet and discuss research questions with peers, to mature new and exciting ideas, and to build up communities and start new collaborations. PPoPP workshops complement the main tracks of the conference and provide meetings in a smaller and more specialized setting. Workshops cultivate new ideas and concepts for the future, optionally recorded in formal proceedings.
Not scheduled yet
Call for Workshops and Tutorials
We are soliciting proposals for workshops and tutorials within the general scope of PPoPP. We encourage members of the community to submit proposals for workshops/tutorials that bring together researchers and practitioners to share their latest results and to discuss work in progress and new directions. Workshops and tutorials will be held prior to the main conference on Saturday–Sunday, February 24-25, 2018 and may be half a day or a full day in length. Please note that attendees of CGO 2018 and HPCA 2018 will also be able to register for these workshops and tutorials.
Please submit proposals to the PPoPP 2018 Workshops and Tutorials Chair, Siegfried Benkner (firstname.lastname@example.org). Workshop and tutorial proposals will be evaluated on an ongoing basis. Early submissions are encouraged and will be evaluated immediately. Please note that for workshops that wish to publish accepted submissions in the ACM Digital Library special rules apply. Such workshops also require approval by the SIGPLAN executive committee. The key dates are as follows: * Proposal submission deadline: October 6, 2017 (AoE) * Final notification of acceptance: October 27, 2017__ * Workshop/tutorial dates: February 24-25, 2018__
All proposals must include the following information in a pdf file (2-3 pages):
- Workshop program
- Sample call for papers, including workshop title, scope, format and the main topics of the workshop
- Invited or keynote speakers (if any)
- Panel discussion (if any)
- Organizers’ bio and affiliation and a tentative list of PC members
- For each PC member: Gender, affiliation, country of affiliation, professional status/seniority
- Whether or not accepted submissions will be published in the ACM Digital Library.
- Tutorial program
- The title and abstract of the tutorial
- An outline of tutorial content and objectives
- Prerequisite knowledge
- Special requirements (if any)
- A biography of the tutorial organizers and relevant experiences on the topic
- The expected number of participants and duration of the workshop/tutorial, i.e., 1/2 day or full day
- Advertisement: how do you plan to solicit participation to your workshop/tutorial (e.g., via social media, workshop/tutorial website, mailing lists etc.)
- Information on past workshop/tutorials (number of attendees/submissions) on the same topic held with this or other conferences (if any).
All workshop proposals will be evaluated by a committee comprising the following members of the PPoPP 2018 organizing committee.
- Siegfried Benkner (Workshops and Tutorials Chair), Universität Wien
- Calin Cascaval, Barefoot Networks
- Thomas Gross (Program Chair), ETH Zurich
- Andreas Krall (General Chair), TU Wien
For workshops that wish to publish accepted papers in the ACM Digital Library we will handle the approval process with SIGPLAN on behalf of the workshop organizers. Please refer to http://www.sigplan.org/Resources/Guidelines/Workshops/ for SIGPLAN-approved workshops. For more information, please contact the Workshops and Tutorials Chair, Siegfried Benkner (email@example.com).